Sweet Teague

Sweet Teague

Monday, February 8, 2010

Best News Yet


Today was Teague's regularly scheduled follow-up MRI. Once again, he's clean. Both his neurosurgeon and his oncologist feel that we can loosen up his schedule now. Dr. Watson said that doing another MRI in three months would be overkill. So we don't have to take him back for six months.

Dr. Watson has also lightened up on the gloom-and-doom speeches. Today he told us that because the brain is still growing (it keeps developing until about age 13 or 14), new cells will develop and help compensate for the slight balance issues we've seen when Teague is tired. He said he doubts that Teague's IQ will be affected at all. He even said that Teague is a normal, healthy kid.

Every time we get through an MRI, I feel a little more free. I go along, thinking I'm over it and that we're past it, and then suddenly another burden gets lifted and I just feel lighter. Oh, was I carrying that?

5 comments:

  1. BEST NEWS I HAVE HEARD ALL DAY!!! SO GLAD TO HEAR IT! (And I love that picture of the two of you! Precious.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous news! I'm thrilled to hear this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HIP..HIP..HOORAY! We are so happy to hear the good news!

    ~Heather A.

    ReplyDelete