Sweet Teague

Sweet Teague

Monday, May 11, 2009

A Little Gem for Me

I've tried to figure out over the years why it seems that the Lord's blessings are bigger when people unite and pray for a common cause. I've thought about how each of us is responsible for developing our own individual faith, and I know that each of us can have faith enough to move a mountain. Moses was the only one in that horde of people standing on the shore of the Red Sea who knew what was going to happen. He called that miracle down.

What I've always believed is that the Lord wants us to work together and look out for each other. He had the time to put us on this earth one at a time, but he didn't. He wants us to take care of each other, and He is pleased when we do. Until now, that's been my only way to explain the extra blessings.

Here's the additional thing that's come to me after this experience with Teague, and it may be a "duh" to other people, but it's my new treasure. More people praying covers all the bases of what we can ask for. Every prayer is a little different, and each one is answered separately.

I realized this when my sister said that her little four-year-old Celeste prayed that Teague wouldn't cry. It was what she could relate to, and she used her own words and her own faith. That particular prayer was answered in more than one instance.

It's been that way with every prayer for Teague. Each has been a unique request. What a beautiful way for the Lord to bless us as individuals and all together through one common experience.

3 comments:

  1. That was awesome and so true! We each have something to bring to the table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that thought! Thank you for sharing your experiences and growth with all of us so we can all be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was so beautiful Sara. I never thought about it like that. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete