Sweet Teague

Sweet Teague

Sunday, May 24, 2009

No Swimming


Because we have to keep Teague's line dry, we'll have to adopt a divide-and-conquer strategy for summer fun. No fill-up pool this year at our house, at least until that line is out and healed. The big kids can go swimming at times when Quinn or I can be somewhere else with Teague so we don't tease him with it.

I'm glad Teague played in the hose a few times before the line went in. I'm also glad he's not old enough to know the seasons or to associate summer with swimming.

Even his tub-time will be different. No more splash-fests. I'll just have to wash his head and his bum, probably in the sink so I can keep his middle dry. The rest, I'll do with baby wipes, I guess.

Teague has adjusted well to his line. I have to flush it twice a day, not once like I thought, and this morning he didn't cry. He's not nervous about it anymore. Once again, he's a normal, happy, enthusiastic kid. He will probably weather these next months better than I will.

In the meantime, the big kids are on board with not talking about swimming and with not getting into the hose without my knowing. Can't have any mishaps.

2 comments:

  1. I can't help thinking when he's an adult he'll be one of the most adaptable guys you'll ever want to meet, simply because he's growing so accustome to adapting to change now. He's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiersten is already planning a swimming party over here at our house once the baby is a little older... they can come over here then! For bathing, I know that Huggies makes disposable bathing wash cloths that have soap built in... those might work for sponge baths.

    ReplyDelete