Sweet Teague

Sweet Teague

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Sparkle


Every day Teague gets better. I don't know how he's doing it, but he is. The only word to describe him is sparkly. Or shiny. He's the same kid, but his personality is brighter. I never knew he wasn't laid-back. He talks all the time. I can barely have conversations with the other kids because he's interrupting. He giggles more, he runs away from diaper changes, and he gets way more excited about things he likes than he did before.

His pain continues to decrease. Only days ago I was having to switch between Motrin and Tylenol because he couldn't make it the full between-doses time. We were on a three-hour schedule. Yesterday, though, he had only two doses, and today, one. He woke up happy again from a full night's sleep, so I didn't give him anything in the morning. Then at about lunchtime, he said, "Mama, head. Meds." And that's been it.

I wrote thank-you notes today to the doctors, nurses, and medical staff who have helped us. And really, there were just no words. How do you thank someone for saving your child's life? Teague is not just alive. He is well.

7 comments:

  1. That is just awesome. Who knows how much it was affecting him before? I'm so glad he's feeling so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That post just makes my insides happy. I can't imagine how much better he feels now. I would be happy too if I could finally eat all I wanted to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy for him, that's awesome! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great news! He looks even better, healthier, happier now. Prayers for complete recovery and a cancer-free life...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am sooooo very glad that he is getting better and better!!!! I am thrilled that he is happier and more himself!!!! He is such a cute little boy!!! I will continue to keep him in my prayers for a cancer free life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's amazing to see how much better he looks in the picture. He really looks happy and healthy. yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He was so cute when we came over the other day...pointing to his owie and loving the attention. He did look so happy and bright! A little ray of sunshine after a stormy few weeks!

    ReplyDelete