Sweet Teague

Sweet Teague

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

From Outy to Inny


Finally, Teague's ileus is subsiding. It's not gone, but he's doing better. His belly button had a little crater to it this morning (later in the day is fat time, just like when you're pregnant). I hope it will be all the way back in soon. He's still uncomfortable, but not near what he was yesterday. Or the past week, for that matter. That was pain.

It's strange how I was wondering, after all he went through, how he could possibly handle one more thing. This tummy trouble really bugged me. He spent three extra days in the hospital because of it. Did this child really need one more trial?

But the one good thing is that it diverted all of our attention away from the life-threatening reason he was there in the first place. I never had time to freak out over words like Neuro/Trauma Unit, craniotomy, tumor resection, chemotherapy, or any of it. It's kind of good that I knew the ending to the first volume of the scary book before I really, really read it.

Teague's attention was diverted as well. Only after we got home did he really start to complain about his head. I think that the healing bone must be what's painful. If we ask him about his owie, he points to the incision. He turns his head to the side when I change his diapers. But now, we can ease the aches with over-the-counter meds.

Teague really is becoming more each day the little boy he was before. But this time with an appetite. I never imagined that this child is not, in fact, a picky eater.

4 comments:

  1. Wow. It seems like if its not one thing that its another. You guys have been real troopers through it all. I hope that Teague continues to feel better. And hopefully you all recover from the hospital stays- they really are so difficult.
    We are still keeping you in our prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you are home and that teague is starting to feel better! I can only imagine everything that you are trying to take in. It is a lot. You are in our thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, we appreciated Quinn's call today. We reminded him we'll be available for anything you need.

    Sometimes, we may never know why we are given trials...you may be right though, maybe his poor little tummy was causing trouble just to divert the attention. You are all in our thoughts and prayers daily, though.

    Glad you are seeing more and more of the sweet boy you love come back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy to hear how well Teague is doing. I can't imagine how hard the last two weeks have been for you. Hope you're getting some sleep. Tatum is doing great in school. She's so much fun!
    Love, Marci Hiatt

    ReplyDelete