Sweet Teague

Sweet Teague

Friday, April 24, 2009

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

I brought going-home clothes for Teague four days ago. I knew it was premature at that time, but I'm getting stir-crazy now. If not for the ileus, he would have been released already. Yesterday at the latest.

Yet we remain. He has been really hurting with this bowel problem. That little gut is just not moving. Some days there have been no bowel sounds. And yesterday morning he had some Jell-O (they were letting him have clear stuff), and in the afternoon he passed the SAME Jell-O. I'm talking, watch-it-wiggle orange Jell-O in the diaper. Looked like it had just been dumped from the cup into the diap. Even stained his butt orange. His digestive system did absolutely nothing to that Jell-O. Freakiest thing I ever saw in a diaper.

His tummy has been in various degrees of distention since Monday, but finally today it's going down. His belly button has a little dip to it again, and this afternoon they started him on a sip of juice every 15 minutes. We'll see if he can do it.

I just want this kid better and home. I think he thinks we moved here.

4 comments:

  1. Here's to a healthy digestive system! We're still pulling for you little buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you guys are making progess! I never did care for orange Jello-O! Our prayers continue!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, you are the best. Teague is such a blessed little boy to have you. I hope you can get home and be comfortable again soon. I just love little Teague. As you know, when you pray for someone, the love you have for them really grows. Such is the case here. We think of you guys a lot, check your blog and pray for you daily. Hope to see you back soon. Please take good care.

    Love,
    Heidi Willford

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara, Teague has a great mom! He is so blessed to have a mother that loves and watches over him. I am sure you can't wait to take your little guy home. We pray that it will be soon and that his belly button will get back to normal ASAP! Ileus be gone so Teague can eat some pancakes:)

    ReplyDelete