Sweet Teague

Sweet Teague

Sunday, April 19, 2009

One More MRI to Come

Teague will have another MRI today to give a clear picture of whether they got all of the tumor, like we believe they did. The bummer is, Teague has not eaten in days and is asking for pancakes. Weekend MRIs are not really on a schedule; they depend on when staff can make it in, and since Teague will have to be sedated for the procedure, no pancakes yet. The good news is, they're keeping the morphine constant, so he's groggy enough that I can distract him from the hunger. He says his tummy hurts.

He is still in the PICU. His blood pressure was high during the night, but they got it under control with medication. This could be because of post-op swelling on his brain and/or the steroids he's on to control that swelling. If his blood pressure stabilizes today without medication, he can go to a regular room tonight.

I had expected him to look like a train wreck when he came out of surgery, but he doesn't. The swelling in his face has gone down, and he seems to be getting some color back. He is very groggy from the morphine, and he doesn't like all the tubes and lines coming out of his little body. Having those removed will be another thing that will be nice about him getting more stable and moving to the floor.

I talked to one of his surgeons this morning. He said once pathology is back (probably mid-week) we will know how aggressive we need to be with chemotherapy. If this tumor was an aggressive one, they will want to start him right away without healing time from his surgery. I'm bracing for that.

In the meantime, my new home is the hospital. Mom brought me some clean clothes, and I had a shower. And they gave me a bed last night, so I got some sleep.

6 comments:

  1. We love you! Glad to hear good news.
    We're available 24/7 for anything you need at all. I will be checking up on you, in case you don't feel like asking. Thanks for the updates. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you and are praying for you!

    The Pexton's

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will continue to pray for your sweet family! Thank you for keeping us updated with your new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me know if you want me to bring you some pancakes at any time. We eat them all the time around here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm things are going as well as they are. I hope they can do the MRI soon so he can eat. Love ya :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad that things are going as well as they are for you at this time. What a choice family you are your example to us is amazing. We love you!

    ReplyDelete