Sweet Teague

Sweet Teague

Monday, April 27, 2009

Jail Break


Neuro/Trauma Unit room 2018, vacant.

Whew! We are home.

As soon as we pulled into the garage, Teague wanted to go to the park. So we didn't even go into the house or unload the van. We just walked a block and let him play. He is wobbly on his feet. Fell on his face at the bottom of the slide, which he never does, and he's not as good at climbing and walking as he usually is. Quinn is afraid it's neurological, but I think it's just because he's basically been in bed for the last 10 days. He's doing the newborn foal thing. We'll keep an eye.

When Dr. Kestle asked me this morning if I thought Teague would do OK at home, I almost started to cry. It has really worn all of us down being in the hospital, and I know Teague will recover faster now. I don't think he remembers what undisturbed sleep is (neither do I), and being in his own home will have a calming effect.

He's past the point of needing his vitals taken all the time, and while his tummy is still Buddha, he probably won't need it pumped again. They said if he has trouble I can just take him to his pediatrician. The G.I. doctor doesn't expect him to regress from this point, but to progress slowly. So the challenge will be to keep from feeding him as much as he wants to eat. We've given him some food and already, he's hurting. So we will slow it down. Quinn's got the kids over at the park again this afternoon.

Teague's first follow-up MRI is scheduled for August 3. That seems like such a long time to wait and I hope it's not a pins-and-needles thing for me. Probably just the days leading up to it will be hard. I'm hoping to have a normal summer until that point. I just pray that whatever cells may have been left behind will not grow. Time will tell.

9 comments:

  1. Hip, Hip, Hooray!!!!! What a wonderful day. Teague is home, but not alone. Sleep is on it's way.

    I am so glad you are home. Let us know if you need help with anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I am so glad you are home! I bet your bed feels better than ever before. I am sure Teague will get better fast. After all "there is no place like home!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Home, and sweet dreams to you all! You are still in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's wonderful news! We are glad that you finally get to be home together as a family! We hope that Teague continues to progress and get back up to speed quickly. It's amazing how fast kids bounce back from these things, and hopefully that will be your experience with Teague. We love you guys and will continue to include you in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEAH! So happy you're all home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad your back...Welcome Home!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you're right, it sounds like he's wobbly because he was out of practice walking. I hope his tummy improves soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad that you guys are home and that Teague is back home where he belongs!!! I hope that he starts to adjust back into the "toddler" phase quickly!! I am so thrilled that he is improving and seems more like himself! try not to stress or worry!! I know easier said then done!! you will just make yourself sick! just be there for Teague and your cute family, which I know you are so great at anyway!!! I hope his tummy improves! keep us all posted on how he is doing! :)

    ReplyDelete