Sweet Teague

Sweet Teague

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Love Notes

I want to take a minute to say how grateful I am for all of the words of encouragement and love from those who know us and even from those who don't. You can't underestimate the impact this has on our family. Your friendship sustains us, your kind words buoy us up, and your faith and prayers are calling down all the blessings the Lord has in store for our little boy. I have no doubt about this.

We got an especially cute bundle of cards and letters from our ward Primary (church kids 11 and under). Some were scribbled pictures, others were notes with sweet drawings on them: a kid in a hospital bed, two kids holding hands with a heart between, a big kid and a little kid on a swing, or just flowers. I want to share a few of these letters. Spelling remains unchanged exept that most of them spelled his name wrong. So that's the only thing I'll fix.

I am sore yor sik soon you git beder. (this one was from Hunter, and had a
drawing of a big kid giving a flower to a little kid in a bed.)

Dear Teague, Hi! How are you? I hope I can see you soon! I'm sorry you got cancer!
I'm very very very glad to see you soon. Sincerly, Delightra

I hope you feel better Teague. From Justin

Dear Teague, I hope you will get better soon! I'm sorry you are in the hospital I'm sorry you have cancer. SORRY. Sincerely Mackelti Smith

Dear Teague, Get well soon! You ARE such a brave boy! Mary Willford

Fem Kenyon I hop u b better

Dear Teague I hope you feel beter and not have brain toomer. Frome Taylor Webb

Teague are you sek you are sek I no that you are sek. Love you. Katelyn
Strickland. Katelyn love Jake S.

Teague, we love you.

And Tyson wins the prize for, candor, originality, and making me laugh. Tyson's
letter was folded like a paper airplane. It read:

Dear Teague, I hope you get better soon!!! You don't know what you'r going
throw! You could die. You rock so much. From Tyson

Can't beat that.

4 comments:

  1. How can a comment from me follow that!?! Too sweet! You sound like you are in a very loving and supportive ward. What a blessing. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THose made me giggle.. I'm so glad you didn't correct the spelling errors! ha:) The last one wins for me too!:) Such cute kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike told me about some of the notes when he came home yesterday. He said he had a great visit with you guys, and really felt the spirit buoying up Teague. The notes from the primary kids are sincere-- they don't know about tact- and how sweet they are :)
    Thinking of you.

    Noel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post! Kids are the best. Just say it like it is. When ur sik ur sik!! Thinking about you constantly. Love yall!

    ReplyDelete