Sweet Teague

Sweet Teague

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Teague's Marathon

We handed Teague off to the anesthesiologist at 9 a.m., a little later than we had expected, but the SLC Marathon slowed traffic, so one of our surgeons was delayed. Who decided to have the start of a huge race right here at Primary Children's and U of U Medical Center?
Anyway, the Lord has sent the Comforter to be with our little boy. Little Mr. Stranger Danger let me hand him right to the doctor, and he willingly disappeared down the hall. It was a big consolation for me, and knowing that he would be masked and conked within minutes was good. Dr. Anesthesia said it would take him about 45 minutes to get all Teague's lines in, so surgery is probably starting about now (10 a.m.).
We feel an overwhelming strength from all of your prayers, and I don't know how to put that feeling into words. When I woke up this morning, I felt no need to ask the Lord for anything. I could feel that there have been so many pleas on our boy's behalf, and all I could do was thank my Heavenly Father for so many who have added their faith to ours. I know that he blesses us more when we look out for each other. I don't know how to thank you.
I also thanked Him for doctors who have worked and studied hard to be in a position to help our baby boy. We met Dr. Kestle, our neurosurgeon, not even 24 hours ago, and we've trusted him to cut our child's head open and operate on his brain. Another blessing of comfort and direction from the Lord. We feel absolutely at peace with it.
The surgery will last into the afternoon, and we should get periodic updates. I will post again tonight.
Quinn and I both feel your love and the strength of your prayers. Thanks for the outpouring. Even if we can't respond individually, we have read every word of our e-mails and Facebook messages. ~Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment